Evaluación de los Diferentes Niveles de Diatomea en la Fase de Crecimiento - Engorde de Cavia Porcellus (Cuyes)

Luis Condolo, Willam Maurat, Antonio Velasco, Diego Cajamarca, Maritza Vaca

Abstract


In the province of Morona Santiago, Cantón Sucúa, the breeding of guinea pigs is done empirically with low yields. Therefore, three levels of diatoms were evaluated to control the treatment of growing weight and parasitic load (1.5, 3.0 and 4.5%) (additional T0) in 48 guinea pigs of the improved Peruvian line of 15 days of age and an average weight of 375.96 g. These were distributed under a Completely Random Design (CRD), which consists of a frequency of 6, and an experimental unit size of 2 guinea pigs per frequency. The data were applied to the analysis of variance, separation of meanings according to Tukey (0.05 and 0.01) and regression and correlation analysis. In relation to the results, the treatment T2 (3% of diatoms) reached a final weight of 964.50 g and an increase in the weight gain of 624.08 g. Also, the most efficient feed conversion is 6.66, while the lowest total food product with the T1 (1.5%) is 4113.05 g MS. It was determined that with the T3 treatment (4.5%), the parasitic load of 56.86% that was at the beginning of the experiment was reduced to 4.90% after 90 days. The highest profitability was the T2 treatment (3% diatom) with a benefit / cost of 1.19. This means that for every dollar invested, there is a yield of 0.19 dollars (USD). It was suggested then the growth stage should be applied i.e. 3% fattening of the diatoms in the diets for guinea pigs. This dose is the best when considering the productive and economic parameters.


En la provincia de Morona Santiago, Cantón Sucúa, la crianza de conejillos de indias se realiza de forma empírica con bajos rendimientos. Por lo que se evaluaron tres niveles de diatomeas para controlar el tratamiento del peso en crecimiento y la carga parasitaria (1,5, 3,0 y 4,5%) (T0 adicional) en 48 cuyes de la línea peruana mejorada, de 15 días de edad y un peso promedio de 375.96 g, que se distribuyeron bajo un Diseño Completamente Aleatorio (DCA), que consta de 6 repeticiones, y un tamaño de unidad experimental de 2 cobayas por repetición. Los datos se aplicaron al análisis de varianza, separación de significados según Tukey (0.05 y 0.01) y análisis de regresión y correlación. En relación a los resultados, el tratamiento T2 (3% de diatomeas) alcanzó un peso final de 964.50 g y un aumento en la ganancia de peso de 624.08 g; la conversión alimenticia más eficiente de 6.66, el producto alimenticio total más bajo con el T1 (1.5%) de 4113.05 g MS. Se determinó que con el tratamiento T3 (4.5%), la carga parasitaria de 56.86% que estaba al comienzo del experimento se redujo a 4.90% después de 90 días. La rentabilidad más alta fue el tratamiento T2 (3% diatomea) con un beneficio / costo de 1.19, lo que significa que por cada dólar invertido hay un rendimiento de 0.19 dólares (USD). Se sugiere entonces, aplicar en la etapa de crecimiento: engordar el 3% de las diatomeas en las dietas para conejillos de indias. Esta dosis resulta ser la mejor cuando se consideran los parámetros productivos y económicos.

Full Text:

PDF Review History


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.19044/esj.2019.v15n18p131

DOI (PDF): http://dx.doi.org/10.19044/esj.2019.v15n18p131

DOI (Review History): http://dx.doi.org/10.19044/esj.2019.v15n18p131


European Scientific Journal (ESJ)

 

ISSN: 1857 - 7881 (Print)
ISSN: 1857 - 7431 (Online)

 

Contact: contact@eujournal.org

To make sure that you can receive messages from us, please add the 'eujournal.org' domain to your e-mail 'safe list'. If you do not receive e-mail in your 'inbox', check your 'bulk mail' or 'junk mail' folders.




Publisher: European Scientific Institute, ESI.
ESI cooperates with Universities and Academic Centres on 5 continents.