RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FINANCIAL AND COMPLIANCE AUDIT AND ACCOUNTING INFORMATION QUALITY: A BIBLIOMETRIC STUDY FROM 1990 TO 2012

Alessandra Vieira Cunha Marques, Gleison de Abreu Pontes, Patricia de Souza Costa, Cassius Klay Silva Santos

Abstract


This paper identifies the relationship between the Financial and Compliance Audit (FCA) and the accounting information quality described in national and international literature. For that we carried out a bibliometric study in national and international journals on accounting area. We analyzed the papers published from 1990 to 2012. The results indicate that there is a link between the level of FTC and earnings informational quality. However, there is disagreement among the authors, because 23.08% of the studies indicate that the highest level of FTC improves the quality of accounting information by reducing opportunistic practices of managers. On the other hand, 76.92% of searches found the lowest level of FTC results in greater disclosure and consequent improvement in the quality of accounting numbers. This research contributes to the accounting literature by showing the effect of linking the accounting practice to tax rules standards in the studied period concerning to the quality of accounting statements reported to external users, which in turn can influence decision-making process in economic agents.

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.19044/esj.2014.v10n7p%25p


European Scientific Journal (ESJ)

 

ISSN: 1857 - 7881 (Print)
ISSN: 1857 - 7431 (Online)

 

Contact: contact@eujournal.org

To make sure that you can receive messages from us, please add the 'eujournal.org' domain to your e-mail 'safe list'. If you do not receive e-mail in your 'inbox', check your 'bulk mail' or 'junk mail' folders.




Publisher: European Scientific Institute, ESI.
ESI cooperates with Universities and Academic Centres on 5 continents.