Over the years, the European Scientific Journal, ESJ became a mega journal, publishing scientific content in various academic disciplines. ESJ has introduced and has succeeded in maintaining an agile review process. However, we encourage you to follow the author’s guidelines and the ESJ template. Proper submission would facilitate the entire process.
- ESJ accepts submissions in all academic disciplines.
- Author’s Guideline.
- Please use our article template and stick to the following standards when submitting your paper.
- All articles must be in English, French, or Spanish and must have an English abstract.
- Recommended article length is 07-20 pages.
- Authors should submit their manuscripts via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our online submission system.
ESJ Review Procedure
From the very inception of its internationalization, the ESJ has promoted an agile review procedure ruling out the unacceptable practice imposed, where researchers spend months/years waiting for their submission feedback.
Reviewers are instructed not to estimate the potential impact of a paper in a given field. These subjective judgments can delay the publication of a work, which later proves to be of major significance. Moreover, the publication readership is in the most suitable position to determine what is of interest to them.
ESJ provides quality peer review on the basis of scientific validity and the technical quality of the paper. All the reviewers are familiar with the journal`s review policy, supporting the current concept.
- After submission, the manuscript is screened for basic technical requirements.
- The corresponding author receives a confirmation E-mail, informing them whether the manuscript is properly structured or not, and presents the obligations to the corresponding author.
- Even though the authors are responsible for potential plagiarized content, the editorial office, by using CrosRef plagiarism checker and other freely available online checkers, scans the content for plagiarism.
- The editorial office reserves the right to return to authors, without peer-review, improperly formatted manuscripts or non-authorized submissions.
- The journal identifies potential academic editors for the submission process.
- The academic editor assigned, is asked to evaluate the manuscript only based on objective criteria, such as scientific validity and the technical soundness of the content. Subtle determinations (interest, novelty, or impact) are not acceptable in the ESJ review process. Due to our large and quality editorial board, the assignment of an academic editor is usually done promptly.
- The academic editor`s identity is anonymous, except for those who are willing to disclose their identity under the “open review” process.
- The academic editor decides whether reviews from additional experts are needed. Reviewers assigned receive a recommendation of completing the assignment in 5 days. Agility, as one of the journal`s landmarks has been prioritized throughout the years. However, it does not influence the quality of the review procedure.
- All the reviewers are familiar with the ESJ review policy. Their awareness of the necessity of a brief response on whether they are able to promptly conduct the review or not, fosters the quality and the agility of the review procedure.
- Every single paper submitted to the journal undergoes a review procedure. On average the submitted manuscripts to ESJ are reviewed by 1.6 reviewers.
- ESJ acceptance rate is 68%.
- After the review process, the academic editor makes a final decision. The time of the review depends on many circumstances. However, most of the ESJ editors usually respond on time.
There are several types of decision possible. They include:
-Accept the manuscript as submitted;
-Accept it with minor revision;
-Accept it with major revision; and
-Reject the manuscript because it does not meet the journal criteria.
ESJ is peer-reviewed journal and all the papers submitted undergo a single-blind peer review process. The latter means that reviewers know the identity of the authors, but authors do not necessarily know the reviewer’s identity.
However, in order to enhance transparency of the peer review process, ESJ as a pioneer among other journals, introduces an “open review procedure”.
The result of the “open review” initiative is to publicly announce the review of the accepted paper, along with its full content. In this regard, author’s approval has a key role to play in the development of this process.
Furthermore, we encourage authors of the papers to express their consent for the review to be made available online on the journal`s website.
All ESJ articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License. With this license, authors retain copyright to their manuscript, but allow any user to share, copy, distribute, transmit, adapt, and make commercial use of the work without needing to provide additional permission, provided appropriate attribution is made to the original author or source. However, first publication rights are granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent usage of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.
Plagiarism is not acceptable in the ESJ submissions and publications. With the submission, authors declare the originality of their work by properly citing, re-using, or copying previous publications. If plagiarism is detected during the peer review process, the manuscript would be rejected. If plagiarism is detected after publication, the publisher has the right to issue a correction or retract of the paper.
The editorial office is participating in a growing community of CrossCheck System’s users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. CrossCheck is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process. Detailed description of the CrossCheck System can be found at: http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck/index.html
Conflict of Interest
Authors, reviewers, or editorial members have to disclose every situation or connection, which could potentially affect the impartial review and publication procedure.
If the paper is accepted for publication, author(s) will be asked to pay 97 Euros or its USD equivalent as article publication fee, in order to defray the operating costs such as review management, website maintenance and archiving, printing hard copies and delivery.
Author(s) will be entitled to one printed copy per author free of charge, but not more than four copies per paper. Authors can also get additional copies of the printed journal by paying 20 EUR/26 USD for each additional copy.
ONLINE PAYMENT!!! (Please check the following link)
European Scientific Journal (ESJ)
ISSN: 1857 - 7881 (Print)
ISSN: 1857 - 7431 (Online)
To make sure that you can receive messages from us, please add the 'eujournal.org' domain to your e-mail 'safe list'. If you do not receive e-mail in your 'inbox', check your 'bulk mail' or 'junk mail' folders.
Publisher: European Scientific Institute, ESI.
ESI cooperates with Universities and Academic Centres on 5 continents.