Bone Tissue Changes In The Background Of "Activation Of The Immune System" During Orthodontic Treatment And Tskaltubo Water Hormesis
The use of Tskaltubo radon-containing water in orthodontics will help to improve mineral metabolism, balance between osteoresorption and bone formation phases, and reduce the intensity of osteoclastogenesis. The use of Tskaltubo radon-containing mineral water in orthodontics in comparison with the traditional protocol treatment causes a statistically significant change in the reduction of activators of resorption processes in blood plasma, increase in the level of marker of new bone formation (acid-alkaline phosphatase), as well as osteochondrosis. In particular, a decrease in the sRANKL / OPG ratio and, consequently, a decrease in the level of osteoblastogenesis inhibitor produced by osteoclasts - sclerostin, which is produced by osteoclasts. All these processes already lead to the normalization of bone mineralization, which already has a positive effect on the processes of osteointegration, which other authors note even in the use of very small doses of radiation (hormesis). We have developed an algorithmic method for the diagnosis of patients with chronic generalized periodontitis and the rapid recovery of new bone tissue in the case of orthodontic treatment and the reduction of inflammatory processes
over a long period of time.
2. ChandraA, Lin T. Tribble M. ZhuJ. Altman A.Tseng W. Zhang Y. et al. (2014). PTH1-34 alleviates radiotherapy-induced local bone loss by improving osteoblast and osteocyte survival. Bone 67, 33–40.
3. Chandra A. Lin, T. Zhu J. Tong W. Huo Y. Jia H. Zhang Y; et al. (2015). PTH1-34 blocks radiation-induced osteoblast apoptosis by enhancing DNA repair through canonical Wnt pathway. J. Biol. Chem. 290, 157–167.
4. Choy M. WongR. Chow S. Li M. ChimY. Ho W. Cheng J. Cheung W. et al. (2020). How much do we know about the role of osteocytes in different phases of fracture healing? A systematic review. J. Orthop. Translat., 21, 111–121.
5. Donaubauer A. Deloch L. I Becker na, Rainer F., Benjamin F. and Udo S. (2020). The Influence of Radiation on Bone and Bone Cells—Differential Effects on Osteoclasts and Osteoblasts International J. of Molecular Sciences
6. Discacciati JA, de Souza EL, Costa SC, Sander HH, Barros Vde M, Vasoconcellos WA. (2012). Invasive cervical resorption: etiology, diagnosis, classification and treatment. J Contemp Dent Pract (India).;13:723-728.
7. Deloch L.Derer A. Hueber A.J. Herrmann M. Schett G.A. Wolfelschneider J. Hahn J. et al. (2018). Low-Dose Radiotherapy Ameliorates Advanced Arthritis in hTNF-alpha tg Mice by Particularly Positively Impacting on Bone Metabolism. Front. Immunol. 9, 1834.
8. Deloch L; Ruckert M.Fietkau, R. Frey, B. Gaipl, U.S. (2018). Low-Dose Radiotherapy Has No Harmful Effects on Key Cells of Healthy Non-Inflamed Joints. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 19, 3197.
9. Donaubauer,A. Zhou J. Ott O. PutzF. Fietkau R. Keilholz L. Gaipl U.S. Frey B. Weissmann T. (2020) Low Dose Radiation Therapy, Particularly with 0.5 Gy, Improves Pain in Degenerative Joint Disease of the Fingers: Results of a Retrospective Analysis. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 21, 5854.
10. Eftekhar L, Ashraf H, Jabbari S. (2017). Management of Invasive Cervical Root Resorption in a Mandibular Canine Using Biodentine as a Restorative Materioal: A Case Report. Iranian Endodontic Journal.12:3:386.
11. He F. Bai J. Wang J. Zhai J. Tong L. Zhu, G. (2019). Irradiation-induced osteocyte damage promotes HMGB1-mediated osteoclastogenesis in vitro. J. Cell Physiol. 234, 17314–17325.
12. Jiang YH, Lin Y, Ge J, Zheng JW, Zhang L, Zhang CY. (2014).Multiple idiopathic cervical root resorptions: report of one case with 8 teeth involved successively. Int J Clin Exp Med. 7(4):1155-1159.
13. Kanungo M, Khandelwal V, Nayak UA, Nayak PA. (2013). Multiple idiopathic apical root resorption. BMJ Case Rep.
14. Kullmann, M. Ruhle P.F. Harrer A. Donaubauer A. Becker I. Sieber R. Klein G. et al. (2019).Temporarily increased TGFbeta following radon spa correlates with reduced pain while serum IL-18 is a general predictive marker for pain sensitivity. Radiat. Environ. Biophys. 58, 129–135.
15. Mendes E. Irie M. Rabelo G. Borges J. Dechichi P. Diniz R. Soares P. (2019).Effects of ionizing radiation on woven bone: Influence on the osteocyte lacunar network, collagen maturation, and microarchitecture. Clin. Oral Investig.
16. Dondoladze Kh, Nikolaishvili M, Zurabashvili D.(2021).The effect of balneotherapy on the oxidative system and changes in anxiety behavior, enhanced by low doses of radon.International Journal of Radiation Biology, 1-9. Omiadze S, Nikolaishvili M, Shishviashvili T. (2020).Radon inhalation from Tskaltubo in clinical and biochemical studies in patients with parodontitis "GMNGeorgian Medical News: N9 april, Chikobava S, Nikolaishvili M, Gogiberidze M. (2019). Immunological aspects of thetemporomandibular joint.ЕвразийскийСоюзУченых (ЕСУ) #11 (68),
17. Nikolaishvili M, Museliani T, Jikia G, Dondoladze Kh. (2019). Healing properties of inhalation radon of Tskaltubo water on the periodontitis systemic, Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Physiological Functions and Their Disorders The T 43, N3-4ISBN: 978-1-53614-395-9.
18. Shemesh A, Itzhak B, Solomonov M. (2017).Minimally Invasive Treatment of Class 4 Invasive Cervical Resorption with Internal Approach: A Case Series. Journal of Endodontics. 43:11:1901-1908.
19. Rogers S, Eberle B, Vogt D.R. Meier E. Moser L. Gomez S. Desborough, S. et al. (2020). Prospective Evaluation of Changes in Pain Levels, Quality of Life and Functionality After Low Dose Radiotherapy for Epicondylitis, Plantar Fasciitis, and Finger Osteoarthritis. Front Med (Lausanne). 7: 195.
20. Vasconcelos KF, et al. (2016) CBCT Post-Processing Tools to Manage the Progression of Invasive Cervical Resorption: A Case Report. Brazilian Dental Jouronal. 27:4:476-480.
Wrigh L. Buijs J. Kim H. Coats L. Scheidle, A. John S. She Y. et al. (2015).Single-Limb Irradiation Induces Local and Systemic Bone Loss in a Murine Model. J. Bone Miner. Res. 30, 1268–1279.
Copyright (c) 2022 Jaba Adamia, Marine Nikolaishvili, Nato Mosemghdvlishvili
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.