T-cell/Histiocyte-rich Large B-cell Lmphoma in Pediatric Patients: a Reported Case of a 16-year-old Patient in Clinical Haematology Department of the University Teaching Hospital of Yopougon (Abidjan-Ivory Coast)
T-cell/Histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma (THRLBCL) is a rare pathology, uncommon in children population and the few cases reported, had wide range clinical presentations, including advanced stage, extranodal involvement and bad prognosis. Authors report a case of a 16-year-old male patient with no medical history, who presented a single left axillary adenopathy. T-cell/Histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma was diagnosed by immunohistochemistry and was classified good prognosis. A RCHOP-based chemotherapy was performed with good progress. Authors hope to contribute to the literature on THRLBCL and draw the attention of practitioners to its occurrence in the pediatric population.
2. Bouabdallah, R., Mounier, N., Guettier, C., Molina, T., Ribrag, V., Thieblemont, C., Sonet, A., Delmer, A., Belhadj, K., & Gaulard, P. (2003). T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphomas and classical diffuse large B-cell lymphomas have similar outcome after chemotherapy : A matched-control analysis. Journal of clinical oncology, 21(7), 1271‑1277.
3. Chan, A., & Chan, J. (2017). Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. In Hematopathology (2nd éd., p. 433‑437). Phiadelphia, PA : Elsevier.
4. Cornillie, J., Tousseyn, T., & Verhoef, G. (2012). T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma : Review on pathologic diagnosis, current therapeutic options and new targets for therapy. Belg J Hematol, 3(4), 128‑133.
5. El Weshi, A., Akhtar, S., Mourad, W. A., Ajarim, D., Abdelsalm, M., Khafaga, Y., Bazarbashi, S., & Maghfoor, I. (2007). T-cell/histiocyte-rich B-cell lymphoma : Clinical presentation, management and prognostic factors: report on 61 patients and review of literature. Leukemia & lymphoma, 48(9), 1764‑1773.
6. Gheorghe, G., Rangarajan, H. G., Camitta, B., Segura, A., Kroft, S., & Southern, J. F. (2015). T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma in pediatric patients : An under-recognized entity? Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science, 45(1), 73‑78.
7. Ioachim, H. L., & Ratech, H. (2002). Nomenclature and classification of lymphomas. Ioachim Lymphnode Pathology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 315‑324.
8. Pittaluga, S., & Jaffe, E. S. (2010). T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma. Haematologica.
9. Prasaad, P. R., & Badhe, B. A. (2018). Non-Hodgkin lymphomas–T cell type : Histomorphology and immunohistochemistry. Indian Journal of Pathology and Oncology, 5(4), 636‑641.
10. Swerdlow, S. H. (2008). WHO classification of tumours of haematopoietic and lymphoid tissues. WHO classification of tumours, 22008, 439.
11. Wei, C., Wei, C., Alhalabi, O., & Chen, L. (2018). T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma in a child : A case report and review of literature. World journal of clinical cases, 6(6), 121.
Copyright (c) 2023 Ismael Kamara, Kodzovi Mawulé Corcellar Womey, Dohoma A. Silué, Réné-Paule Botti, Ruth Djeket, Boidy Kouakou, Gustave Koffi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.