The Greek Government's Pandemic Policy towards Covid-19 as a Parameter of Political Competition through Different Media Channels. Game Theory Application as a Conceptual Framework for the Decision Making Process
This research is initially a conceptual framework of how we can use game theory as a tool to represent the Greek government's pandemic policy towards Covid-19. With this approach, we can investigate the political competition in different units of time (periods) and understand the differences and the decision-making process as a result of a general strategic political marketing plan and leadership style. We can also assess how citizens viewed the handling of the pandemic and how public opinion was formed about prevention and protection measures, and we can understand how the positive outcome evolves over time, taking into account other measurements such as public opinion surveys. We give an example of how we combine the data and use it in the game theory representation in matrix tables.
2. Chadjipadelis T. (2022). CITIZENS AND PANDEMICS: Values, Attitude, Impact. IN: 11th Panhellenic Conference on Data Analysis with International Participation, http://gsda.gr/conference, EEAD-PDM, Grevena, Greece, 29/9-2/10 2022. (keynote speech)
3. Chadjipadelis, T. (2023) CITIZENS AND THE PANDEMIC: Values, Attitudes, Impact BEHAVIOMETRICA (under publication)
4. Chemers, M. (1997). An integrative theory of leadership, London, UK: Routledge.
5. Evangeliou, T. (2021, November 27). Tracing the... footprint of SYRIZA in the pandemic.(https://tinyurl.com/3vfn5zvx)
6. Kokkaliari, K. (In the trenches, government and opposition party on the pandemic. (2021, November 3 (https://tinyurl.com/twakmah4)
7. Kreps, D.M. (1990). Game theory and economic modelling. Oxford University Press.
8. Markaki, E.N. & Chadjipadelis, T. (2023). The American Elections as context for the Game Theory application in strategic political marketing. Data Analysis Bulletin. Paper accepted for publication
9. Markaki, E.N. & Chadjipadtelis, T. (2017). Factors that influence political preferences. A typology of voters. Data Analysis Bulletin, 18
10. Nikolaou Konstantinos; Evangelia N. Markaki; (2021). The Leadership Skills that influence performance in an Organizational Context. World Conference on Management, Business and Economics 2021 (Paris, France) https://www.dpublication.com/abstract-of-worldmbe/36-7013/
11. Voularinos, M. (2021, December 1). New measures. SYRIZA again on the side of the anti-vaccinators. (https://tinyurl.com/yke72jvn)
12. Ant1news.gr. (2021). Corona virus – new measures: Reactions from the opposition political patry. (2021, November 30 (https://tinyurl.com/nhcxrj94)
13. Theory application in strategic political marketing. Data Analysis Bulletin (under publication)
14. Consilium.europa.eu. COVID-19: Research and vaccines. (2022, June 3) (https://tinyurl.com/yckzaatf)
15. Covid19.gov.gr. (2022, June 16). Emergency measures to protect public health from the risk of further spread of the SARS-COV-2 coronavirus throughout the Territory from Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 06:00 until Friday, July 1, 2022 at 06:00. (https://tinyurl.com/2s4578fm)
16. Documento. (2020, December 22). Doctors in Tsipras: If a third wave comes, it will finish us. (https://tinyurl.com/yrn9xrdn)
17. Euronews.gr. (2021) Greece - Covid-19: The opposition party reacts to the government's manipulations. (2021, February 10) (https://tinyurl.com/ayue836a)
18. European Council - Council of the European Union. (2020). COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic: the EU's response.(https://tinyurl.com/mt9byxrw)
19. Hellenic Statistical Authority, (2022). Statistics of Businesses Suspended Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
20. Iatronet.gr. (2020). Restrictions will remain until they are not followed. (2020, December 31) (https://tinyurl.com/2ha2p63a)
21. Igbokwe, I. C., Okeke-James, N. J., Akudo, F. U., & Anyanwu, J. A. (2020). Administrative Roles in Primary Schools for Curbing COVID-19 Pandemic in Nigeria: Henry Fayol’s Approach. European Scientific Journal, ESJ, 16(16), 63. https://doi.org/10.19044/esj.2020.v16n16p63
22. Nation. (2021, February 7). Inhaler in Israel reportedly cures Covid-19 by 96%!(https://tinyurl.com/r78jwrbe)
23. OSBORNE (2010) INTRODUCTION TO GAME THEORY, KLEIDARITHMOSEPE, 2010 THESSALONIKI
24. Protothema.gr. (2021). We are among the best countries in Europe in terms of vaccination speed. (2021, March 4 (https://tinyurl.com/4x38saas)
25. Shahid, S., Habibullah Mangrio, R., Abbas, M., Ali, Z., & Ahmed, M. (2020). Evaluation of Knowledge and Belief on False Reports and Misinformation from Social Media in COVID-19 Pandemic: A Web Based Cross-Sectional Survey in Karachi, Pakistan. European Scientific Journal, ESJ, 16(36), 8. https://doi.org/10.19044/esj.2020.v16n36p8
26. SKY. (2021, December 23). Oikonomou: SYRIZA has chosen a depraved oppositional practice regarding the issues of the pandemic. Athens, Attica, Greece. (https://tinyurl.com/y75tfv6f)
27. The bmj. (2020). China's response to Covid-19.(https://tinyurl.com/mrydrc4u)
28. The White House. (2020). National COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. (https://tinyurl.com/2p8z2t4n)
29. Tovima.gr (2021). Why do the opposition parties blame the government? (2021, March 4 (https://tinyurl.com/jf8h67vf)
30. Voria.gr. (2022, May 9). EXADAXTYLOS: LUCKILY THAT THE PANDEMIC DID NOT COME WHEN WAS SYRIZA IN GOVERNMENT. Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.(https://tinyurl.com/yckp36az)
31. Worldometer (2022) Reported Cases and Deaths by Country or Territory. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Copyright (c) 2023 Evangelia N. Markaki, Theodore Chadjipadelis
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.