Immediate Loading of Dental Implants with Fixed Prosthodontic Constructions-Advantages and Methods
“Immediate loading of implants” implies loading of implants after extraction of a tooth. The goal of our study was to observe the loss of keratinized gums and bone tissue in the region surrounding the alveolar ridge after tooth extraction, and to compare it to the immediate loading of dental implants with the same indicator. Recently, immediate implant placement after the extraction of a tooth with early loading has become more common. The advantages of this procedure include fewer surgical interventions, reduction in overall treatment time, reduced soft and hard tissue loss, and psychological satisfaction for the patient. This study shows the advantages and methods for immediate implant placement with immediate provisional restorations.
2. G. Avilo-Ortiz, S. Elangovan, K.W.O. Kramer, D. Blanchette, D.V. Dawson. Department of periodontics The University of Lowa 2014.
3. “Effect of alveolar ridge preservation after tooth extraction: A systematic review and meta-analysis”.
4. Journal of Prosthodontics’. Volume 17, Issue 7, October 2008, Pages 576-581
5. MA. Atieh, NHM. Alsabeeha, AGT. Payne, S. Ali, CM Jr Faggion, M Esposito. “Interventions for replacing missing teeth: alveolar ridge preservation techniques for dental implant site development.” Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2021, issue 4, art No CD010176.
6. Natl J Maxillofac Surg. 2015 Jul-Dec; 6(2): 252–255.doi: 10.4103/0975-5959.183864.
7. T. Thalmair, S. Fickl, D. Schneider, M. Himze, H. Wachtel, “Dimensional alterations of extraction sites after different alveolar ridge preservation techniques- a volumetric study” 2013.
8. V. Chappuis, O. Engel, M. Reyes, K. Shahim, L.P. Nolte, D. Buser. JDR Clinical Research Supplement, 2013.
9. “Rigje Alterations Post-extraction in the Esthetic zone: A 3D analysis with CBCT”.
Copyright (c) 2023 Tamar Dolidze, Marika Kublashvili
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.